The Troma Team is proud to present The Ruining, a striking work new work by filmmaker Chris Burgard. Filmed over ten years, The Ruining succeeds in echoing the grime and grit of late 70’s and early 80’s horror cinema.
Traditional family values are disturbingly challenged when two Los Angeles couples run into trouble on a remote mountain camping trip. Thirty years ago government drilling poisoned the water in a small town. Half of the town died. Those that are left are horribly addicted to psychedelic eggs bred by old Henry Behrens. When the strangers enter into his domain the stage is set for selective breeding and feeding of human flesh. Henry’s 17-year-old daughter Becky is beautiful and thinks that she is a German shepherd.
The Ruining stars Wings Hauser and Patrick Warburton.
“If you see no other horror movie this year, see this! I was thoroughly disgusted by the peanut butter scene, but I found myself getting excited at the same time. I’m still rather embarrased.”- Lisa Turner, ABC-TV
DVD Special Features include:
- Soiled introduction by Lloyd Kaufman
- Deconstruction of the tumultuous behind-the-scenes tale of the ten years the film was in production, a story as interesting as the film itself
- Why Children Shouldn’t Play with Hamsters Public Service Announcement
- The Radiation March
- Make Your Own Damn Movie PSA
- Music Video: Lunachick’s “Say What You Mean,” directed by Lloyd Kaufman
- Web Monkey’s Bananas
- Trailer and other Tromatic goodies!