A tale of two Toxies!!!
Citizen Toxie is Troma’s most ambitious and successful movie. When the notorious Diaper Mafia take hostage the Tromaville School for the Very Special, only the Toxic Avenger and his morbidly obese sidekick Lardass can save Tromaville. However, a horrific explosion creates a dimensional portal between Tromaville and its dimensional mirror image, Amortville. While the Toxic Avenger (Toxie) is trapped in Amortville, Tromaville comes under the control of Toxie’s evil doppelganger, the Noxious Offender (Noxie). Will Toxie return to Tromaville in time to stop Noxie’s rampage or is he doomed to remain a second-class citizen in Amortville forever? How did Toxie’s wife Sarah become pregnant with two babies from two different fathers? Will Tito, the Retarded Rebel, ever get over his teen angst and become a productive member of society?
Citizen Toxie features the most formidable line-up of superheroes ever assembled, including Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD, Mad Cowboy, Dolphin Man, Master Bator and The Vibrator. Auteur director Kaufman has also assembled a cast that reads like a veritable reunion of Troma superstars, including Ron Jeremy, Lemmy, Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf, James Gunn, Kinky Finklestein and many others. Hilarious and shocking; erotic and surprising. Citizen Toxie is full of unforgettable special effects – everyone is calling it a Tromasterpiece.
“The zaniness of Mad Magazine folded into the satire of South Park with the grotesquery exponentially multiplied into free-for-all farce.” – Stephen Holden, The New York Times
“Eighty-two dead bodies. Sixty-six breasts. Nazi-clubbing. Dancing morons. Armless legless extras. Head-bashing. Breast-beating. (It’s not what you think. Or then again, maybe it is.) Intestine-ripping. Eyeball-poking. Double-arm-removal. Tongue-extraction. Assaultive lapdance. Burning arm. Diaper-wiping. Syringe-hurling. Impalements. Multiple grotesque aardvarking. One body-parts blender. Six exploding heads. Exploding buildings. Radiator face-burning. One hanging. Strangulation. Face-punching. Head-butting. Disembowelment. Two motor vehicle chases, with elderly pedestrian head-crushing. One crash and burn. Excellent Citizen Kane ripoff newsreel. (“Nose blood!”) Gratuitous Al Goldstein (for the uninitiated, he’s the publisher of Screw magazine). Gratuitous heroin injections. Gratuitous Julie Strain (perhaps the only Penthouse Pet in the world who would consent to have her face ripped off on camera). Gratuitous abortion protesters with “Choose Life or We’ll Kill You” signs. Arms roll. Legs roll. Heads roll. Intestines roll. Kung Fu. Kabuki Fu. Mop Fu… Three Stars. Check it out!” – Joe Bob Briggs
“CITIZEN TOXIE is a very funny gross-out comedy, and perhaps Troma’s artistic masterpiece.” – Matthew Kiernan, Fangoria.com
- Special introduction to the film by Lloyd Kaufman, President of Troma Entertainment and creator of the Toxic Avenger!
- 3 Separate audio commentary tracks!
- Optional English subtitles!
- Jaw Dropping Outtakes!
- Deleted Scenes that can be played with or without audio commentary!
- Have a behind-the-scenes look at some of the stars from Citizen Toxie!
- Original theatrical trailer for Citizen Toxie and other Troma films!
- Hidden Easter Eggs and more Tromatic goodies!
- Full length documentary: Apocalypse Soon: The Making of Citizen Toxie!
- Deleted Scenes from Apocalypse Soon!
- Special footage of Citizen Toxie’s Theatrical premieres from around the world!
- Make-up and special effect secrets of The Toxic Avenger!
- Pre-Production and script meetings with Lloyd Kaufman and the crew!
- Hidden Easter Eggs, and lots more extras in this feature packed DVD! Over 6 hours of Troma insanity!
All Troma DVDs have no regional coding, and are playable on NTSC equipment.